www.maskandpuppet.co.uk website is owned and operated by The Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre (The Garret Mask & Puppet Centre Trust Limited).
The Scottish Mask and Puppet Centre (The Garret Mask & Puppet Centre Trust Limited) conforms to the Data Protection Act 1998.
How and what we collect about you
We use the information we collect about you to improve your browsing experience of our website and to process your orders. We may also use it to contact you about upcoming events or merchandise, unless you would prefer us not to. We do not post out tickets, our system remains that you collect on the day at the box office. If you have purchased merchandise/books, we may need to share details of delivery address and name with couriers or delivery services to honour our sale with you.
Please be aware that to be able to provide our products for sale to you, we will need personal information including name, email address, telephone number and payment details. If you exercise your right to withdraw information then we may be unable to fulfil our contractual obligations.
We maintain a customer relationship management (CRM) system to hold contact details and a record of your interactions with Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre such as ticket purchases, book or other purchases, donations, queries, complaints, attendance at events and profile information. Where possible we aim to keep a single record for each customer.
If you have provided credit card details, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order. We do not store any confidential information such as credit card or personal details in our cookies.
We will keep your information secure, and will never pass on your information to third party advertisers without your consent. We do not share your information externally unless we are selling tickets on behalf of another organisation.
Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre (The Garret Mask & Puppet Centre Trust Limited) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of the purchases (tickets, memberships, donations) you carry out through the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre Website (www.maskandpuppet.co.uk) and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web-blogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- And any other information provided at the time of registering to use the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission of information via the internet carries a degree of risk. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted en route to the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. We will use best practice procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To fulfill ticket, donation and membership requests.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us by direct emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or replying with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject header and your details will be removed from our database.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Information may be collected through Google Analytics and Spektrix, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns, and will not allow you to be identified as the user.
For the same reason, information may be obtained about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre website according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 contact the Data Controller, Scottish Mask & Puppet Centre (The Garret Mask & Puppet Centre Trust Limited) of 8-10 Balcarres Avenue, Kelvindale, Glasgow G12 0QF.
Please note that we are a Charity Registered in Scotland No. SC0 14379 and a Company Limited by Guarantee with no share capital No. 94166.