We offer children and family workshops in rod puppets, shadow puppets, glove and hand puppets, simple marionettes, junk and recycled puppets, paper and card sculpture, helmet masks and card masks.
Participants, both child and adult, are introduced to good hand craftmanship and encouraged to apply imaginative design skills in accord with their individual choices and abilities.
Workshops are normally up to 2 hours in duration there are several clear stages of progression in our approach:
1. An introduction to the ingredients and materials
2. An overview of the production technique and inner structure of the mask or puppet
3. A choice of experimental/experential design solutions applied to the moving object
4. Making and testing the aspects of the object in its ability to move and/or be worn
5. Finishing and decorating the object
6. Taking the object home